Big Chill Weekend is all about scholarships— and fun. Here are some ways you can show your support.
GET READY TO BID BIG
Big news about our 2012 Big Chill Weekend auction! Even if you don't attend the Big Chill Weekend silent auction on February 11 at Rosecliff, you can still participate by submitting an absentee bid.
Preview silent auction items today! You may submit absentee bids by phone through February 8. If two identical bids are placed on the same item, priority will be given to the first bid received. All bids must be left in increments.
Absentee Bidding Process—February 1 through February 8
1. To bid, contact Gina Simonelli at 401-874-5808 and state the item(s) you wish to bid on, the maximum amount you desire to bid, and a valid credit card number that the purchase(s) can be charged to if you are the successful bidder.
2. If you call before or after business hours (8:30 a.m.–4:30pm), please leave a voicemail with your name and phone number, and your call will be returned within one business day. Please do not leave a bid with credit card information on the voicemail. Any bid left on voicemail will not be considered valid.
3. Bidding will start with the opening bid (noted) and will continue by the minimum raise (noted) to the maximum amount you have indicated. At this time, bidding on your behalf will stop.
4. All winning bids are final.
5. After the auction, the credit card of the successful bidder will be charged.
6. If you are the successful bidder, you will receive a confirmation by email and informed when your item (s) will be available for pickup or shipment. Please note: If your bid is on a merchandise item, shipping charges and appropriate insurance will be added to the total amount based on actual cost.
Big Chill Friday night events in Providence, Newport, and Narragansett will feature raffles, and a silent auction will be part of the Saturday evening festivities at Rosecliff—all to support student scholarships. To donate an item, download the Auction/Raffle Donation form. A preview of items will be posted here prior to Big Chill Weekend. For more information about the auction or raffles, please contact Chris DiSano at email@example.com or 401-874-4536.
If you can't join us for any Big Chill Weekend events, you can still support student scholarships by making a donation. Your support makes a difference!
For more information, please contact:
Sarah Howard Lobdell,
73 Upper College Road
Kingston, RI 02881
2012 BIG CHILL COMMITTEE
Honorary Chair: Laureen L. White ’81,
President, Greater Providence Chamber of Commerce
Denise Coppa '72, Ph.D. '02
David Dubinsky '79
Kathleen Duffy '80
Gail Frechette '72
Todd Kenney '04
Gary Kullberg '63
Jill Mainelli '64
Brittany Manseau '08
Kelly Nevins '90, M '02
Deborah O'Brien '85, M '96
Jack Parente '85
Jeffrey Ross '75
Cristen Schifino Nolan
Special Raffle: Only 500 tickets will be sold for a 7–Day Carnival Cruise for Two in an Ocean View Cabin. Donated by Carnival Cruise Lines.
Tickets: $50 each or 3 for $100
Drawing at Rosecliff Manion on February 11. Tickets will be sold at Friday and Saturday Big Chill events and in advance by contacting Bob Ferrell at 401-874-5957 or firstname.lastname@example.org.